Sunday, February 19, 2012

At anchor from all storms of mental strain


Summer Plans 2012

Be outside
Take a vacation
Spend more time with family and friends.
Work in the dirt
Play with the pups
Eat good food
Take naps
Read a lot of books
Haul the Clipper to the farm and LIVE IN IT!!

That's right. I'm going to live in the Clipper.


Work on the trailer is moving along nicely. Tomorrow I plan to climb up on the roof and seal seams, replace a few screens, and give Marvel a good scrubbing. Yep, I named her Marvel. It's in honor of my Great-Aunt Marvel who also had a travel trailer and hauled it all around the country. Awesome! According to my mother she was a flapper. And it just occurred to me what a strange word that is...Flapper. That's her in the picture. Stylin'. 


‘The Farm’ is my Granddads pecan farm. My mother lives in the farm house.  My very earliest memories are at the farm- playing in the dirt, or on the front porch  with my Weeble Wobbles. There were also times that I was forced to dress up like Robin or Tonto, I never got to be Batman or The Lone Ranger. My brother was the boss. Good times! It’s far away from town and it’s quiet and peaceful and all green and blue. I’m guessing it’ll be a few months before we actually do it as it is only Feb 21 and it can't be summer all winter, can it?

I made curtains out of a vintage table runner and  buttons and I think it turned out nice. Very simple- the only sewing is stitching the buttons. This curtain is for the 'master' bedroom and I plan to do the 'draperies' in the kitchen and dining/guest room in the same style but with different fabric.

And another pic of this very complicated process:


A dreamy day; and tranquilly I lie
At anchor from all storms of mental strain;
With absent vision, gazing at the sky...


from A Summer Afternoon by James Whitcomb Riley

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the curtains!! That's my idea of sewing. :) There's something so peaceful about the country and being surrounded by nature.

    ReplyDelete