Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm a Happy Camper

                                                        photo by Amanda Cremers

We've had such beautiful weather here in Oklahoma, great for working on the Clipper. Several friends have stopped by to see the trailer and it's so much fun to have visitors!

The new foam mattress arrived last week and Kitten Mitten was eager to 'help' cut it down to size.


I used this old Peel King to cut the mattress. The blade was very sharp and I was careful to keep my fingers out of the way.


I did end up with a pretty good scratch but it wasn't from the Peel King.
Gee thanks, Kitty.


The mattress is 5" memory foam, $99 at J.C. Penney's. Puppy says, "It'll do, but where are you gonna sleep?"


I also replaced the glass in the jalousie window in the door. Super easy fix and only cost a couple of bucks. I  replaced the screen, too and that was even cheaper. I bought used screen still in the frame at the Habitat store for 30 cents each! Because it was still in the frame I was able to re-use the rubber edging. I figure I would have spent at least $15 if I bought all this brand new at Lowe's.


Speaking of windows -I found the front window under the bed! It's also the jalousie style and I'm hoping it'll be as easy to install as the door window was. Now I can get that nasty old a/c out, although I will most likely replace it with a new a/c in the next couple of months.

I started sealing the roof last Thursday but it was so windy I only got half way done and then I got scared. I had to yell at my little brother's girlfriend to come hold the ladder so I could climb down. The high tomorrow is 77!!! I plan to finish sealing then.

Sunday I only got a half day of work in because I just had to go to the river. There is nothing quite like watching the sun rise over the Arkansas.


I also went to the farm Sunday afternoon to scout out a location for the trailer. I think the pecan grove would be an awesome front yard.




3 comments:

  1. I love that first picture, it's so you. But somehow reminds me of your dad too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have mentioned that the photo was taken by my dear friend Amanda who is an awesome local photographer!

    ReplyDelete