Monday, March 5, 2012

Mr. Frog & Mr. Stump

Mr. Frog and Mr. Stump are in the house! My dad painted this picture in 1978. When my older brother and I were but wee tots our nightly bedtime stories were an epic saga of the adventures of these two. In each story one of them faced certain doom until the other came to his rescue. Mr. Frog and Mr. Stump lived along the Osage side of the Arkansas River. I remember when Mr. Stump got too near the camp fire and Mr. Frog had to douse him with water from the river. My papa had an awesome imagination.


I found this cool wrapping paper at Hobby Lobby and decided to use it to cover the closet door. It's not perfect but it's also not important. I can always redo it later if it doesn't work out.


I bought the mirror from my friend Johanna for SEVEN DOLLARS! She has neat stuff at great prices. You can see her Etsy store here: Hannah's Vintage Stew She also has a booth at the Marland Mall here in Ponca City.

I under-estimated how much sealant I would need for the seams on the roof so will have to order one more tube. I also need to replace a cabinet latch and some window hardware. All of these are available at Vintage Trailer Supply. I also tested the pipes by dumping some water down the sink. It came dripping out of some big rusty thing under the trailer, which is better than on the floor under the sink! "It drains faster than your bathtub", said my little brother. That's not saying much. I seem to be plagued by plumbing problems lately, but what else can you expect from a 70 year old house or a 50 year old trailer?

I'm having so much fun working on The Clipper!

3 comments:

  1. I'd never hear about Mr. Frog and Mr. Stump before, that's really neat! Childhood memories like that are the best. I love what you said, "It's not perfect but it's also not important." There's a lot of wisdom in that statement, something good to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might check out this blog, http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/
    I love her projects, she does a lot of vintagey, fun stuff. She might have some ideas that you could incorporate into the Clipperette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chelsea, I'll check it out! And yes, Mr. Frog and Mr. Stump are just awesome. 'It's not important' is my new motto; I believe it's true for most situations.

    ReplyDelete