Saturday, March 31, 2012

What Am I Waiting For?


I haven't even slept in The Clipper yet. I have no set date to move into The Clipper or to move The Clipper to the farm. Why? What am I waiting for? I asked myself this question a few weeks ago and I'm not sure what the answer is.

Is it because there's not a proper plug for my computer and I'm afraid I'll have Mad Men withdrawals?

Is it because The Clipper is sitting in the driveway and the traffic will wake me? Or The Pups will bark at every cat, skunk, raccoon, and opossum that waddles past?

Is it because I might get too hot? (Even though I'm sleeping in the house with no a/c)

Is it because I'm afraid that half-gallon of expired milk in my fridge will get lonely?

Is it because someone might come along and hitch me up while I'm sleeping and I'll wake up in Mexico? (Actually that one might not be too bad)

I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!

I also don't think the 'why' is very important. It's time to take the plunge!

This is my routine: I wait and wait and procrastinate and analyze and then just when nobody's looking I do it. It's like I'm 10 years old and I'm standing at the edge of the highest diving board at Wentz- scared to jump. But I've jumped so many times before that I know I shouldn't be scared because that free-falling feeling is glorious! After so much deliberation I'm still not positive that I'm ready to take the plunge, but I do it anyway.

SO, tonight I shall sleep in the camper. Perhaps my Sunday Photo will be my sleepy eyed self waking up in The Clipper. At any rate, I will report back.

And who knows? Maybe tomorrow night The Clipper and The Pups and I will be at the farm.

"If we fear nothing and radiate love, we can expect good things to come."
 ~Peace Pilgrim

No comments:

Post a Comment